Company: STG International
Location: Palm Desert
Posted on: May 3, 2021
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Technician to provide services at our
Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the
Phlebotomist is to provide phlebotomy services as well as
administrative/clerical support for the Community Based Outpatient
- Perform a full range of phlebotomist duties to include proper
venipuncture and finger-stick and heel-stick procedures using
appropriate techniques, and perform set-up and completion of
special test-related phlebotomy procedures utilizing appropriate
techniques. Ensure that all aspects of patient accessioning,
specimen collection, processing, and distribution are performed
- Conduct patient in-processing prior to specimen collection,
including review of paperwork accompanying patients and cordial
guidance and assistance.
- Assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable
containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton,
and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified
tests or procedures.
- Verify or record identity of patient or donor and converses
with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure and conduct
interviews, take vital signs, and draw and test blood samples to
screen donors at blood bank.
- If applicable, provide technical oversight and training to
ensure that all invasive procedures (venipuncture, capillary
puncture, clotting time, etc.) performed in the laboratory are done
in the safest, most sanitary, and expeditious manner, with minimal
discomfort for the patient.
- Perform phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical
procedures of the Front Desk Section of the lab and fully document
all samples obtained per the laboratory's standard operating
procedures; maintain the supply inventory and cleanliness of the
front desk and phlebotomy area.
- Perform non-phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical
support in various areas of the clinic as needed (front desk, exam
rooms, Telehealth, etc.).
- Provide instruction on patient centered specimen collection
(24-hour urine, occult blood testing, semen analysis, etc) and
special requirements necessary for laboratory-collected specimens
(fasting requirements, special diets, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of phlebotomy and
collection of adequate clinical specimens and utilize
"age-specific" techniques to obtain specimens from infants and the
elderly, if applicable.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the type and severity of patient
reactions, including, but not limited to, syncope, vomiting, and
unconsciousness and the procedures for such instances. Counsel
patients on care of post-phlebotomy complications (i.e.
- Provides general clerical/administrative support coordination
work for the unit..
- Perform other work related duties.
- Minimum of two (2) years of current clinical experience working
in a similar environment as a phlebotomist.
- Possess and maintains a current certification and registration
as a Phlebotomy Technician from the American Society of Clinical
Pathology (PBT-ASCP), or a current certification and registration
as a Phlebotomy Technician from the American Medical Technologist
- Possess Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Possess knowledge of medical terminology, allowing test
requests and results to be understood and communicated.
- Knowledge of the type and severity of patient reactions,
including, but not limited to, syncope, vomiting, and
unconsciousness and the procedures for such instances.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and
experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent. College
- Possess either a degree or certificate of graduation from an
approved/accredited phlebotomy training program OR 12 months
experience as a Phlebotomist within the past 36 months.
- Medical assistant certification or LPN/LVN certification
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight
objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic,
where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company
providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and
management consulting services and human capital solutions help our
clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and
enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package
which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and
a generous PTO policy.
Keywords: STG International, Palm Desert , Phlebotomist, Other , Palm Desert, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!